A SEAMLESS, HIGHLY PRODUCTIVE PICKING EXPERIENCE…The Cirrus Semi-Automated Case Picking System
Cirrus Tech has spent over 20 years successfully implementing case picking systems from directed/voice picking to fully automated case picking systems where layers of product are placed in the system and they are not touched until a fully built pallet is ready to be put on the truck.
Somewhere in the middle lies the Cirrus Semi-Automated Case picking system. This less costly alternative has ROI’s in the 2-3 year range and provides a much more organized pick path, less FTEs, overtime and turn over. All of our systems are purpose built for each client’s Warehouse/Distribution Center and all designs are based off of Cirrus’ extensive evaluation of the client’s SKU Profile and Order Data. It’s becoming harder to find, hire, train and retain employees. The Cirrus Picking systems can positively change the dynamic in your warehouse! The Cirrus case picking systems… the right blend of automation and common sense!
Features of the Cirrus Automated & Semi-Automated Case Picking System:
- Proven company with 20 years of warehouse automation experience
- Multi-level pick modules including Pick to Light or Directed Picking as well as Conveyor, Sortation and best-in-class software
- Includes User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Includes the most currently released software version of Cirrus Tech WCS
- Includes customized integration between any RAS or proprietary system
Benefits of the Cirrus Automated & Semi-Automated Case Picking System
- Ability to handle thousands of SKUs efficiently with the flexibility to handle SKU growth
- Reduction in labor & hardware costs by reducing turnover, FTEs and Overtime
- Easier, safer, and healthier for load builders vs. manual picking
- Integrated with Layer Picking to optimize the build of starter pallets for load builders
- Significant reduction in pick path vs. traditional pick path
- More cost effective solution to increase rate/capacity
- Efficient replenishment process with closer proximity to back stock locations
- Optimized Replenishment Frequency
- Greater picking accuracy through monitor displays & automated system feedback
- 2-5 year ROI
Choosing Cirrus Tech to manage and support our entire warehouse (Automation, WMS, Wine and Keg Picking System) has turned out to be one of the best decisions we've ever made. Cirrus Tech's commitment to partnership, coupled with their exceptional 24/7 support, has helped Eagle Rock take control of our warehouse. We are proud to be partners with Cirrus Tech.
The Cirrus Crane System will increase our available pallet storage significantly. When we take into account the organization and many efficiencies the system will bring, this will be a real game changer for us in our warehouse.
In terms of receiving, I don't have to carry a pallet 100 feet, 200 feet. It's just 20 feet away to getting input into our Cirrus Tech Crane System and I can input between three and four trailers at a time.
With Cirrus Tech we will receive product and put it in a rack location - it's in the system with one touch. The next time we touch it is for order building, and so we plan to take a minimum of four touches out of the process. That's where the efficiency is.
By choosing “The Crane” ASRS System from Cirrus Tech, we will gain efficiencies through our entire warehouse; how we receive, rotate and shuffle back stock, cycle count and replenish pick locations. The real surprise will be the efficiencies gained on the load building side. Cirrus Tech’s “Crane” and voice solutions will help us in all areas of the warehouse.
The Cirrus Tech Crane System provided our company an opportunity to consolidate an entire warehouse (Norfolk, NE) into the existing warehouse here in Fremont, NE. It will incorporate 5 years of growth while providing less than a 5 year ROI with the efficiencies of the system.
My picking with the Cirrus Tech Directed Picking solution is at least 3 times faster and more accurate than when our employees picked orders manually using a sheet of paper.
The Cirrus Tech Crane System not only saved us from doing a costly expansion, it also helped us organize our warehouse in a manner that put efficiencies in places that we would have never realized by building a new warehouse.
A major advantage of the Cirrus WMS is being able to know where all of the SKU’s are at any given time. This is especially helpful during crunch times when that rarely requested item would otherwise have to be hunted down in the warehouse. Now, the system instantaneously tells us where to find it.