Vertical Carousels is a leading edge vertical storage system that delivers maximized space utilization, efficiency and productivity in all types of applications, including small parts and tool storage. Vertical Carousels utilizes Put to Light software technology. Some of the benefits of vertical carousel technology include:
- Increased productivity because walking and searching times are significantly reduced
- Our industry exclusive dual-chain guidance system provides for maximum cube utilization, multiple carrier depths, multiple carrier clear heights and widths, all in combination with a maximum carrier capacity of up to 2,200 lbs.
- 100% out-of-balance capabilities allow carrier profiling to be dictated by the user and not the restrictions of the carousel capacity.
- Vertical carousels provide significant space savings over traditional static storage
- solutions – the increase in storage density can result in floor space recovery as high as 75%.
- Large shelf capacity to increase productivity and product accessibility
- Dual-motor drive enables greater width capabilities and provides redundancy for continuous up-time
- Our automated storage and retrieval systems are easily interfaced with many warehouse management systems or other host architectures.
VERTICAL CAROUSEL PRINCIPLE
You have read about the benefits of Vertical storage systems, but here is a look at the principle behind this method of storage. It’s simple, really. The carousel rotates its series of shelves, loaded with product in order to produce the item(s) requested.
You can see by the height of the carousel that its primary purpose is to act as a space saver in your warehouse by storing product vertically, rather than horizontally.
You will also see that there are all types of carrier configurations for boxes/totes shown on the following page.
Examples of carrier configurations can be seen below. Vertical carousels support a variety of different carriers based on the sizes of the boxes/totes required for each customer.
- Materials delivered directly to operator, minimizing walking, climbing, bending or
- reaching for heavy objects.
- Pass-through design eliminates time consuming transport of items from floor to floor.
- Parts are closer to the operation, eliminates trips to cribs or stock rooms.
- All available vertical height is utilized, thereby reducing floor space requirements
- Under-used racks, shelves, and cabinets are eliminated and aisles are clear of clutter.
- Carriers can include shelves, dividers, 100% extendable pull-out drawers and drawer
- divider systems to create discrete storage locations with a single carrier
- Pick product by carrier number or part number
- Shortest path retrieval system speeds picking efficiency
- Host interface capability for advanced inventory management and control
- Manual carrier job buttons to override automated machine control
- No more risk of injury from climbing ladders to retrieve heavy or bulky boxes.
- A wealth of state-of-the-art safety features like photo-eyes, upper/lower pressure limit switches, maintenance door limit switch, e-stops and motor overload sensors.
- All materials are delivered to operators at waist high position, reducing potential back injuries.